ShareWay IP Editions
ShareWay IP is available in a number of editions. Which edition to use depends on the type and number of Macintosh file sharing servers you want to support:
- Mac OS 9 bundled version. Apple includes a basic version of ShareWay IP with Mac OS 9, to implement the "File Sharing over TCP/IP" feature.
- Mac OS 9 upgrade. If you are running Mac OS 9, you should consider the ShareWay IP upgrade for Mac OS 9, which installs ShareWay IP Personal 3.0, providing enhanced security and other features.
- Personal Edition. If you are not running Mac OS 9, but want to provide your Mac with Mac OS 9's File Sharing over TCP/IP features, for instance to share files with Tiger (Mac OS X 10.4), you simply need to install a copy of ShareWay IP Personal Edition.
- Standard Edition. If you are running a single, older version of AppleShare server, or a single AFP server on Windows NT or Novell Netware, you can install ShareWay IP Standard Edition to add IP file sharing to that server.
- Professional Edition. If you are running multiple AFP servers, and want to add IP file sharing capabilities and adminster them all from a central location, you can install ShareWay IP Professional Edition.
A detailed analysis of which edition of ShareWay IP to use in which situation is available here.
Copyright (C) 1997-2005, Open Door Networks, Inc. ShareWay IP is a trademark of Open Door Networks, Inc. All other products are trademarks of their respective companies.